-Wakē requires a 2.4 GHz WiFi network
–Wakē’s mood light glowing cyan indicates it is attempting to connect to WiFi
–Wakē’s mood light glowing magenta indicates it has successfully connected to WiFi and is attempting to connect to the cloud and sync with the local time
–Wakē’s mood light can go almost directly from cyan to off, which means Wakē is connected to WiFi and the cloud, so you can continue with the setup process
–Once the mood light is glowing magenta or turns off, you should not need to go back through the setup process to re-enter WiFi credentials. If Wakē’s mood light continues to glow magenta for more than one minute, please unplug and then plug back in Wakē, at which point the mood light should cycle from cyan to magenta to off. You can then close and re-open the app to complete the setup process.
The first step of setting up Wakē is mounting the mounting bracket. Place the mounting bracket such that Wakē is 2 – 3 feet (70 – 90 cm) above your mattress. You can mount Wakē higher if needed, but it will result in a less directional/focused spread of light and sound during wakeups. You can secure the mounting bracket to the wall using the provided screws or with double-sided tape (not provided).
Mount Wakē 2 – 3 feet (70 – 90 cm) above the mattress
Once you’ve installed the mounting bracket, slide the base of Wakē into the bracket. Make sure the orientation indicator behind Wakē is pointing directly up. Don’t worry if Wakē isn’t pointing straight down: Wakē will align itself with the orientation indicator once it connects to WiFi.
Next, plug in Wakē. You will need a standard USB Type A wall adapter plug that can output at least 1 Amp at 5 Volts Direct Current (5 Watts of power)–most USB adapters should accommodate this. When Wakē powers on, the mood light should glow blue, indicating it is in WiFi pairing mode and ready for pairing with an app. If the mood light is not blue, you can hold the front/setup button for at least seven seconds and release, which should cause Wakē’s mood light to glow deep blue.
Next, open up the iOS or the Android App. The app will initially search for the Wakē on your WiFi network and display a message that it was unable to locate Wakē. Click the Setup button to begin the setup process, and follow the instructions.
When the app asks you to select your side of the bed: the left side means when you are laying in bed, the left side of your body is closest the edge of the bed and the right side of your body is by the middle of the bed. The right side means when you are laying in bed, the right side of your body is closest the edge of the bed and the left side of your body is by the middle of the bed.
Right Side and Left Side of Bed
You can find the iOS app on the Apple App Store named “Wakē Alarm” (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wak%C4%93-alarm/id1177836213).
You can find the app here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.luceralabs.alarmandroid
Note that the app needs the location permission during setup, and location services must be enabled during setup. The app will prompt you for the permissions when needed. Once setup is complete, you can disable the location permission for the app. The location permission is needed in order to detect what WiFi network your phone is connected to–the app then uses the WiFi network name in order to pair Wakē to your WiFi network.
Please follow the steps below:
(If your home WiFi network name has a space in it, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) before continuing)
1. Completely closethe Android app
2. Un-plug and then plug in your Wakē
3. If the mood light isn’t already glowing blue, then press and hold the setup button for 7 seconds and then release (the mood light should glow blue, then briefly turn off, then back to blue.)
4. Without using the app, on your phone or computer/laptop, connect the WiFi to the signal “ILoveGreatWakeups” (signal broadcast by Wakē)
5. Open an internet browser and type in 192.168.4.1 (takes a few seconds to load)
6. This should bring up Wakē’s wifi settings page–enter your wifi network name and password, and then press “Submit”.
7. Your Wakē’s mood led should then go dark (restarting) and then turn cyan (connecting to wifi) and then magenta (syncing local time and cloud), and then go dark (up and ready to rock)
8. Open up the Android app. The app should find an Unregistered/Exisiting Wakē and you can then click claim/register/add existing and complete the setup process.
9. Start setting wakeups!