This Privacy Statement for Lucera Labs Products and Services (“Privacy Statement”) describes information that Lucera Labs, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Lucera Labs”) collect, use, share, and store, including personal information (i.e., information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data that can be reasonably used to infer this information).
This document focuses on information related to the operation of Lucera Labs products and services, including the Lucera Labs Wakē alarm clock, and other products from Lucera Labs (collectively, “Lucera Labs Products”). In this Privacy Statement, the expression “Lucera Labs Products” also includes our Web Apps, Mobile Apps, and Subscription Services as defined in our Terms of Service.
We will be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
We will ask your permission before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than at your request or to provide Lucera Labs’ Products, and to do so only when we think they will provide you with a welcome additional service.
We will use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the Lucera Labs Products from unauthorized access.
Consent to data collection and processing. By using Lucera Labs Products, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Consent to international data transfers. Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by Lucera Labs or its service providers in the United States. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. If you are using Lucera Labs Products in the European Economic Area or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to the United where Lucera Labs operates.
What information does the Lucera Labs Wakē alarm clock collect?
The Lucera Labs Wakē alarm clock collects:
Setup information you provide:
- Environmental data from the Lucera Labs Wakē alarm clock’s sensors. These sensors include temperature data of people and objects below where it is installed. These temperature readings cannot be manipulated to produce photographic images but they can be used to infer whether people are present.
- Direct adjustments to the device, including a user’s placement of a charging cord, or whether the unit has been turned ON.
- The ability or inability of the device to reliably connect to your home WiFi network.
- Technical information from the device including device serial numbers or software versions. To improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with the Lucera Labs Wakē alarm clock, we record your Lucera Labs Wakē alarm clock model and serial number, software version, and technical information such as battery charge level.
- Setup information you provide: When you install the Lucera Labs Wakē alarm clock, you’ll be asked several questions to help us create an initial user setting profile that will help you use the device.
How does my Lucera Labs Product or account interact with third parties?
What additional information does Lucera Labs collect and store when a user connects a Lucera Labs Product to the Internet or creates an account?
- Wi-Fi Network Information: To connect your Lucera Labs Product to our Services, or to access your Lucera Labs Product over the Internet from a computer, a smartphone or a tablet, you will need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. During setup, the Lucera Labs Product will ask for your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password to connect to the Internet. It will save this information on the device, along with your IP address, so that you can access it and control it from your computer, smartphone or tablet, and so that it can communicate with Lucera Labs servers and download software updates.
- Once connected to your Wi-Fi network, your Lucera Labs Product regularly sends the data described in this Privacy Statement (excluding your Wi-Fi password) to Lucera Labs to provide you with the Services.
- Additional Authorized Users: Lucera Labs may provide you with the ability to enable additional authorized users to access your account. If you do so, the additional authorized users may control and view all of your devices. An invited user must have or create a Lucera Labs account, and information about invited users (like email address, name, or changes to product settings) will be stored with your account.
- Email Addresses: When you create a Lucera Labs account, we collect and store your email address. From that point forward, your email address is used for communications from Lucera Labs. In addition, Lucera Labs may provide you with the ability to enable individuals to access your account as additional authorized users, or to invite other individuals such as friends to purchase Lucera Labs products. We will ask you for the email address of any such individuals and automatically send an email invitation on your behalf. Lucera Labs stores this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation services.
- Basic Profile Information: Your account allows you to provide certain basic profile information like your name and geographic region. Names and may be shown to others in connection with the Services. For example, if you invite someone as an additional authorized user, he or she will be able to see your name.
- User Settings & Preference Information: Your account allows you to enter several preferences regarding how you want your device to operate. Lucera Labs will collect user preferences to determine if our customers uniformly use certain features or disuse others. This information helps Lucera Labs make decisions about future products.
How does Lucera Labs use the information it collects?
We use this information to provide, develop and improve Lucera Labs Products and services, including to make assessments and recommendations about products, safety, or product use. We may use your contact details to send you this information, or to ask you to participate in surveys about your Lucera Labs products, and to send you other communications from Lucera Labs.
We may also use this information in an aggregated, non-identified form for research purposes and to help us make sales, marketing, and business decisions. For example, we use aggregated user information about the number of active product users in a particular country or region to help us decide where future advertising should appear.
We use industry-standard methods to keep this information safe and secure while it is transmitted over your home network and through the Internet to our servers. Depending on your location and type of data, Lucera Labs may process your personal information on servers that are not in your home country.
In what circumstances does Lucera Labs share my information?
Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the activation and delivery of Lucera Labs Products and services without asking you first. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
As part of business transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, we may disclose information in response to legal process and we may disclose information in response to lawful requests by public authorities in the United States and other countries for the purposes of law enforcement and national security.
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish trends about product use.
If you select an outside party for the purchase, installation, or service of your Lucera Labs device and share your personal information, we cannot control the collection, storage or sharing of information collected by that party. For example, if you buy a Lucera Labs Wakē alarm clock from a retailer, the retailer may collect personal information as part of the transaction. Or the party that installed the device may retain information that you provided to them to assist them in servicing the device if needed. Always check the privacy policies for any company that collects your personal information.
How long does Lucera Labs save my personal information and how can I delete it?
Lucera Labs generally stores your personal information on Lucera Labs’ servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a Lucera Labs customer in order to provide you with Lucera Labs Products.
As described above, some information is processed and stored directly on the Lucera Labs device. All personal information is encrypted as it is transmitted to Lucera Labs and cannot easily be accessed.
You can delete the information on the Lucera Labs device by using the reset button, and deleting your account with us.
How does Lucera Labs protect my personal information when it is transferred internationally?
When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area to other countries, including to the United States, we use a variety of legal mechanisms to help ensure your data is appropriately protected. Lucera Labs Inc. complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield principles (the “Principles”) regarding the collection, use, sharing, and retention of personal information from the European Economic Area, as described in our Privacy Shield certification.
As part of our participation in Privacy Shield, if you have a dispute with us about our adherence to the Principles, we will seek to resolve it through JAMS based in the US, and under certain conditions, through the Privacy Shield arbitration process. (In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.) If you have a Privacy Shield-related complaint, please contact us at LuceraLabs.com/privacy.
Privacy Shield participants are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission and other authorized statutory bodies. Under certain circumstances (i.e. personal data sharing under the Onward Transfer Principle with third parties for external processing on our behalf), participants like us may be liable for the transfer of personal information from the EU to third parties outside the EU. Learn more about Privacy Shield here.
We also comply with the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from Switzerland. Lucera Labs has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and also applies the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to personal information from Switzerland. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, please visit the Safe Harbor website.
We may disclose information in response to legal process and lawful requests by public authorities in the United States and other countries for the purposes of law enforcement and national security.
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will provide notice of any changes on the website or by contacting you. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com